5 Jan 2015

Happy New Year!

pinched off @frankiebods instagram
As the new year rolls in, I am feeling more motivated than ever. My room has had a pre spring clean and whilst my desk may remain cluttered, the rest of my room is not and you know what they say, tidy room, tidy mind! (And no, I don't mean kitchen... that is supposed to be the saying... right?) So for the first year ever, I have thought of some semi decent new years resolutions which I am going to try the best of my ability to keep. So without further ado, drum roll please.... 


Blog More! 
I guess all bloggers say that huh? But I feel like this blog has taken a back seat in my life and my posts haven't been as interesting and well written as they could have been. So I am going to spend a couple of hours each week to expand and improve my blog so I can think of new and creative posts for you guys to follow.


 I feel like I have never really had a distinct calling in life unlike a lot of the people I know (this doesn't include you, Charlie), from the age of 10 my sister knew that she wanted to be prime minister, most of my friends have always had ambitions and things that they KNOW they are good at. But me?
I constantly flit in and out of different potential careers always umming and ahhing about what I want to do. But the one idea that has come back to me over and over again is the idea of being a writer. I feel like with a little more work, thought and time this blog has the potential to become something I truly love and who knows where that could take me?


Get a 2:1
Secondly, do everything it takes to get a 2:1 in my degree. Determined does not describe how adamant I am to get a good degree. I have always been average at academia and I feel like that's because I've never really put the hours into school/university work.


 I've always been a happy-go-lucky kinda gal and managed to breeze through my GCSE's, A-levels and first year of university with minimal effort. But second year is a completely different ball game. It hasn't taken me long to realise that if I don't try this year, I'm not going to pass, let alone get the 2:1 I so desperately want. 


Money Management
I've talked about this before here. But now as I'm living at home for my second year of university I really have no excuse to be in my overdraft. Yet, somehow, I am! HOW?! I can't believe it's taken me so long to realise how much money I spend on food! I don't need to constantly buy food when I have food at home! And that if I stop spending money on crap, I can go travelling more! I am determined to take another trip of a lifetime this year and buying rubbish isn't going to help that. 


Learn to Cook
Lord knows how I managed to survive first year, if I'm being completely honest I can barely remember what I ate... I'm sensing that beans on toast was a popular choice. In preparation for third year (I will yet again be moving out), I am going to dedicate some time on learning how to cook and bake. Perhaps I'll blog about my journey to becoming a masterchef... then again judging from my past history perhaps not. BUT we'll remain hopeful for now!


Become a Shutter Bug (again)
Fifth and finally, use my camera more. I am ashamed to say that I have been caught up in the 'abandon camera and use my iPhone instead' movement after firmly claiming that I would never become one of those people. 


I've always loved photography and my camera has always been my baby. But in the past year (especially considering I got an iPhone 6), my poor baby has been forgotten about. Read a really interesting article about the dying age of cameras here, written by my wonderful friend and fellow associate Bea. 


And those, my friends are my 5 new years resolutions. I really hope that I succeed in all of them. Quoting one of my friends who claims "2015 is the year for acceleration", I am too excited to see where this year will take me. 

A post on my New Year's Eve evening, will soon follow this one! I hope I'll see you there!

Love
-S x 

No comments:

Post a Comment