11 Feb 2015

6 Reasons Why You Should Do Camp America

Want to travel and don't know where to start? Have absolutely no plans for Summer? Well I have the solution for you in two words. Camp America.




I'm going to make a pretty bold statement and claim that...

Camp America is the BEST organisation you can organise your Summer in the states with.

Since 1969 they have sent over 200,000 young people to work on camps spread throughout the USA.  That itself says something about Camp America. 


Over the years this company has built a stellar reputation and that is for good reason. The people who work for Camp America are genuinely some of the most kind and genuine people I have ever met, no question is too stupid. 


I spent the Summer of 2013 in the Pennsylvania Allegheny mountains teaching horse riding and I can genuinely say, I would not be who I am/where I am was it not for that experience. , I learnt some of the most valuable lessons I could AND it gave me enough confidence to travel to less westernised countries such as Thailand, Bali and India. If travelling is your dream, there is no better way to start than Camp America. But without further ado, here are my 6 reasons as to why you should sign up to Camp America today!

1. You make friends for life.


I  am still in touch with my campers and co counsellors today and I value some of them as my best friends who I don't think I will ever lose contact with. Plus guess what? Making friends in America means you get free accommodation whenever you want to visit!

2.  Valuable CV Skills.


You will soon learn at camp that you cannot lie to children. It is impossible. So when you put on your CV you went to Camp America and you had to be enthusiastic, hard working and dedicated. You really were enthusiastic, hard working and dedicated. Plus you can say that you have leadership skills, a valuable skill that so many employers will look for.

3. You spend every day doing something you love


I was so lucky in that I got placed doing something I love. I spent every day teaching children how to ride and jump. Whilst I was teaching I learnt so much more about riding and I'm confident when I say I came back a much better rider!

4. 30 Days Travel + a return flight from New York!


One of the best things about Camp America? You get 30 days travel time after. This is a really great introduction to travel as Camp America have 24 hour support line to help you out with any emergencies you may have. You can go anywhere in the states in those 30 days and can still come back to New York for your return flight home. 

5. Free Qualifications! 


My camp offered FREE lifeguard and first aid training. Needless to say both of these qualifications are great to have. 

6. You get paid to have fun





  Does that even need an explanation?!

It's not too late to sign up and you can still get hired on the spot by attending the recruitment fair on the 21st February at the Queen Elizabeth Conference centre in London. I can genuinely say you won't regret doing Camp America and you will have the time of your life! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me, you can also find a more in depth post about my experience with Camp America here.


So what are you waiting for?! Sign up here! GO GO GO! 

See you next time!

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment