27 Jun 2014

Birthday Celebrations

For me, June is filled with Birthdays (as you could probably tell from my last post), but it also happens to be mine today!




BUT, before I start this post with the tales of today, before my birthday it was my good friend's Laura's 21st birthday. This was a pretty spectacular birthday for a pretty spectacular girl.




We started with drinks on the terrace in front of the stunning Clifton Suspension Bridge.


photos taken off theavongorge.com
Laura had pre booked a private room with an amazing view for a three course meal. For starters we had the options of Baked Scallops & Parmesan Crust, Charcuterie Platter & Mixed Olives or Aubergine Bruschetta & Lemon Oil. I went with the latter. For mains; Pan fried sea bass, saffron potatoes & tomato beurre blanc, Oven roasted lamb rump, fondant potato, garlic courgettes & port sauce, Caramelised onion & brie tart, rocket salad. I picked the Pan Fried Sea Bass and my lord was it glorious. The skin was perfectly crispy and the fish was cooked perfectly and just flaked away like a dream. Finally dessert! Out of the three, I picked the dark chocolate terrine. On first tasting I thought it was far too rich but mixed with the Grand Marnier syrup it was dreamy, thinking about it now just makes my mouth water. Unfortunately, I felt that taking photos of my food would not be approved of due to the formality of the event, but here are some photos of the food The Avon Gorge Hotel serve (most photos in this post will be taken off their website).



To top it all off the gorgeous birthday had an absolutely killer cake too! 




It's safe to say my birthday has been a lot less glamorous and exciting as a lot of my friends and family are away at the moment... Tierney is off modelling for Paul Smith (oh to live a model's life...), Charlie (as you know, is still in America and for those of you who are wondering he is loving it), my sister and Dad are currently at Glastonbury Festival, preparing for the heavens to open over the weekend (I like to think that's karma mwahahaha...) My family and I headed to Turtle Bay for early celebrations and man was this a good choice! I've always loved the food and cocktails there and couldn't wait for my family to try it out too! I ordered my usual the 1/4 jerk chicken which I would highly recommend if you can handle a bit of spice.



I also got to open my presents early...




However sad this may be, the thing I've been most excited about is getting my hair cut by this wonderful woman; Jodie Austen (aka, PeachyStylist, go look her up on facebook! You won't regret it!) My hair is so dry and awful at the moment that it was in need of a dire cut. I'm very picky with who cuts my hair and after observing her talent first hand, I had no doubt who I wanted to cut my hair next! (see her work below)


Marina Dean-Francis Photography
Mdf retouching
Jodie Austen | Peachy Stylist
Jessica Mills Make-Up Artist
Becca Duncan & Tierney Jade Bates
Marina Dean-Francis Photography
Mdf retouching
Jodie Austen | Peachy Stylist
Jessica Mills Make-Up Artist
Becca Duncan
Marina Dean-Francis | Marina Dean-Francis Photography
Jodie Austen | Peachy Stylist
Sophie Moore | Sophie Moore Make up
Jeannette Belaouane
It's safe to say she didn't disappoint. 




I then headed off to Cabot Circus for lunch at Tampopo and some birthday shopping... I came back with new converse, sandals, a maxi dress and a ring, thank you Mama. I arrived home to some beautiful flowers from my favourite boy (second best to Father of course). 




As half of my first family are absent we headed over to my second family for chinese takeaway and cake...
The Patten's have been family friends for as long as we have lived in Somerset, but being at uni doesn't give me the chance to keep up with them as much as I would like so it was nice to have a catch up on my birthday!


It was a lovely evening and I look forward to celebrating properly with my nearest and dearest when they all return to Bristol. Until next timeeeee :)

- S


No comments:

Post a Comment