17 Jun 2015

The India Route

Now that exams have finally finished, Charlie and I have finally got round to planning our route round India. It's safe to say it's going to be hectic, overwhelming, exhilarating and exhausting. I couldn't be more excited.

Our original route looked something like this...




But after some thorough thought and research, we decided going South was going to be too hectic and expensive, so we shall just have to save that for another trip.

Our route now looks like this.

Credit goes to http://hollywales.com/portfolio/map-of-india/ for this amaaazing map that puts mine to shame!

I know, I know. This map looks even more crazy than the first route. But by completely cutting out the South, we have a lot less travelling time and therefore more opportunity to explore the North, so adding more stops makes a fair compromise. I'm sure you can tell that this map is not to scale... Not even a little bit. As much as I would love these journey's to be 5 minutes apart... Most of them are 5 hours or more. 


I think Charlie and I are being a bit ambitious and I'll probably kick myself for cramming so much into such a short space of time. I'm sure when my Mum reads this, she'll give me a disapproving look and say I will be overtired and unsettled moving round so much but isn't that why people travel? Because they don't enjoy or want to be settled quite yet? I'm sure there'll be a time in my life where I'll want to stay in one place but now is not that time and India is not that place and I am determined to see as much of the exotic sub-continent as I can.

Please, please, please, if you have any recommendations of hostels or other places we should see please leave a comment or drop me an email! You can find my email in the contact page :). I look forward to hearing your ideas and recommendations! 

A short but sweet post, stay tuned for the Bali route.

S x 

No comments:

Post a Comment