25 Apr 2015

Inspiring Spaces


First off, I have to start off by apologising for recently completely disappearing off the blogging radar. I'm sure many of you can empathise that my schedule has been overwhelmingly hectic with exams fast approaching *starts hyperventilating*, keeping up regular hours at work to ensure that I have enough money for my upcoming India trip and with social events lingering in between work and revision, time for maintaining this blog has completely evaporated. But in just one short (maybe a little too short) month, I will be free from the stress of university for a whopping 5 months and I will be able to catch you up with what I have been up to over Spring and my plans for Summer, trust me. It will be worth the wait. I have so much to tell you all. 


Anyway, I recently discovered an amazing company called WeWork. WeWork is a co-working company that has built up shared office spaces available to rent out all over the world. But these aren't just any old office spaces. I know exactly the kind of office you are thinking of, I'll take a guess you're imagining something like this:


But oh no, WeWork is the complete opposite. WeWork has created a space for individuals to be inspired. I think this concept is so ideal for bloggers because with that subscription, you can use offices all over the world meaning that you don't need to be sat in the common room of a hostel trying to work amongst people playing beer pong, darting across the room with a towel wrapped round them or chattering noisily with other guests. Check out their locations here.

(www.wework.com/locations)
Their mission is this:

To create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living. 

These awesome spaces motivated me to think about my inspiring space. 



If you're anything like me, I struggle to work in a casual environment. No matter how much work I know I have to get done, it just won't happen. I'll start playing the guitar, or there will be a mess I need to clean up, or I need to walk the dog, or the amount of work I have is just so overwhelming I simply need to take a nap. (Don't you chuckle at me, I know you've done the same!) But due to living in my parents house and space restrictions, I have no option but to work in that casual environment. I know, I know, I probably could use the university library but the problem with that is, I always end up talking to someone instead of getting on with my work. Needless to say, that is problematic when you're trying to be productive. 

Hence why I created an inspiring space in my bedroom. Whenever I sit at the desk I know it's time to focus on university work or writing my next blog post, it gives me the motivation to knuckle down and be productive.


Naturally, my decor is travel themed, scattered with a few photos of friends and family here and there. 




Having travel inspirations and quotes remind me why I'm working so hard in university. It is my dream to travel the world and write about it. My English Literature degree will help me achieve that as I learn to better my writing skills and way of thinking. My favourite place to buy these postcards is Paperchase, I have always been obsessed with the shop but more so now that I've discovered these 60p postcards. 


I ordered these polaroid prints from polagram right before I went to university and I still love them! I can't wait to order more when I come back from my next adventure. 


Of course, as an English Literature student my desk is always littered with books, notebooks, folders, travel journals, the standard student traveller things. 




But, as I said before, this work space is not ideal as it is in my bedroom (has anyone else read the article where it's been proven a bedroom is not an ideal work place as you associate your room with work and will then have difficulty sleeping?) and the desk does tend to get very cluttered. So after having a browse on pinterest, these photos will be my future office inspiration. 


I love the simplicity of these spaces, admittedly I would want my own office to have a little more colour but I love the concept of these spaces!

What and where is your inspiring space?

Hopefully be back soon! 

S xoxo

p.s If anyone knows how to get rid of those annoying blue tac stains be sure to let me know your tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment